Spa Finder, Inc

DERMAdoctor Special Offers

Smart Olive

Beauty - Fashion - Cool Stuff

13 May 2006

New Sandals Every Day!


With Summer is coming, I'm looking a new pair of sandals to buy. I have been searching online and checking out a lot of fashion magazines.

Well, after seeing so many sandals from sky high cork wedges to gladiator flats, it seems nothing really that unique anymore. The only one really stands out is Mohop.


Mohop shoes are the creation of Annie Mohaupt. Annie makes each pair of shoes by hand at her studio in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago.

Mohop shoes are composed of rubber soling made from recycled tires, a Finnish birch plywood core, and topped with various select veneers. These components are laminated together and pressed on molds that Annie designed and fabricated herself.

The graphics on the footbed of the sandals are Annie's original designs, which she screen-prints by hand at Chicago's legendary Screwball Press. Annie takes care to use the most environmentally-friendly woods, glues, sealers and inks that she can source.

The most unique aspect of Mohop shoes is Annie's patent-pending 'strapping system' (for which she has yet to come up with a proper name). Essentially, the wearer can customize her shoes by changing the ribbons that tie the shoes on. Different lengths and styles of ribbons can be used to achieve a virtually infinite number of looks with just one pair of wooden bottoms. So anybody can play Imelda Marcos without requiring the budget and storage space for 5,000 shoes!

Because these shoes are so stylish and versatile, I can't wait to get my feet into a pair this summer! And of course, I highly recommend
you to visit their website, it's super cool, you will love it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Hey Olive. Your blog looks great. I started a new blog about fashion, celebrties, current events and thigns like that. I was wondering if you wanted to exchange links with me.

15/5/06 3:07 PM  
Blogger Olivia said...

Hey Ashley, funny you asked, becuase I just posted the same question on your MrsZ06's Place. Very interesting blog Ashley. I'm adding it on my list now, and will check back often, keep up the good work!

15/5/06 4:02 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Thanks. I'll add you right now.

15/5/06 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home